How do I let iphone users screengrab their game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 4:44 am

Ah, ok, I didn't know there was something that does that.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 3:38 pm

The other draw backs of hitting the buttons on the device is that you have to pretty much pause the game first if it is not on a static screen. Which means in most cases your screenshot from the phone buttons is going to have your PAUSE UI on the screen. Putting a feature in the game to do this gives you much better flexibility in terms of not showing pause UI, etc... as you have complete control over the conditions the image is taken in.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 4:32 pm

The other diference is psycology and marketting.. if its built into the game, as a feature and suggested action, people are more likely to want to do it, which will spread the awareness of the game more....a pop up saying, hey, you can press these keys to take a screen grab of this and any app, is an option, but obviously is IOS specific and its basically just telling the user to do all the "work" themselves...making it no longer a feature, but a request tha tthe player go out of their way to advertise your game for you...its psycological, and the diference is quite important.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?