How do I load a game with a user already logged in?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
User Interface contains 176 sounds With this pack, you can voice almost all the User Interface in your sci-fi strategy
  • I'm looking to build an app that resides inside an iframe on a larger webpage. I would like to handle user authentication on the larger webpage, and then pass the username/password to the Construct 2 app in the iframe when it loads.

I was considering the following possibilities:

1. Store the authentication information as a php session variable, then modify the Construct 2 index.html to become index.php and load the username and password as javascript variables.

2. Pass the authentication information via a GET request to the Construct 2 index.html (renamed as index.php) and load the username and password as javascript variables.

In either case, I need to somehow create a javascript variable that Construct 2 will recognize in-game.

Any ideas? Can this even be done?

Thanks for your help!

• If its a php based backend, could you not simply do a get request with ajax to a php file residing on the same server, retrieving the currently logged in user and whatever else is needed ?

If I am not mistaken, it would be the same session.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lennaert,

I think you are right. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that, but I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)