[How Do I] - Load NPCs/Weapons From files

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Server eventually, I want to complete the game for solo experience, and then once it's done make it ORPG, that way the basis of the game is done first and save the hardest for last.

Programming is something I enjoy but I have absolutely NO idea of how to do networking for programming.

This program is mostly Drag & Drop but there is still unlimited power to it.

I am going to look though for how to make it connect to a mysql database and load characters/items from tables maybe.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Okay this is what I got:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73299017/capx/MyORPG.capx

I ran into a couple problems though.

Edit: Solved #1, still not #2 although it's not too big of a deal, just means a blank end, I've seen other games do it now I know why! :P PS: Updated the capx.

1: {SOLVED} Everything runs fine except I can't make the "name" disappear when the training dummy dies, I tried having it so that it destroys when it dies and the animation is over, but if I do that the name destroys within a few seconds on startup.

2: in the xml file I have to have a blank end, because it will not load whatever is at the end of the xml file.

3: How can I make a spawn timer? You'll see how I have spawn_timer in the xml file, and st as a global variable. Working on it now but help would be nice. (I could easily make one spawn timer, but how to do it individually for each npc).

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks! :)

Sincerely, Jesse JarvisEquinox802013-03-23 15:01:45
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?