How do I loop Enemy Animation

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.
  • I've tried asking this question before but I'm guessing I'm asking the wrong way.

I have an enemy that moves left and right, when he hits a boundary the enemy moves the opposite way. When the player is in line of sight of enemy the enemy will chase the player as long as he is in line of sight. When the enemy is close enough to the player the enemy attacks the player. (all of this is functioning properly) The problem I am having is when the enemy attacks, it attacks one time and stay in that last frame. I want the enemy to keep attacking until the player is out of attack range. I chose the loop option on the animation but the animation will not loop.

In order to run the capx you will have to have the rex_platform_moveto plugin.

http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_platform_moveto.html

Here is a link to capx: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ivn ... authuser=0

If anyone can offer any type of support I'll try it I've been working on the one thing for a long time and I think can't get it to work. I guess people don't have this issue much because I can't find any threads about it and the threads I do find don't work for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

I will modify your Capx then send it back to you with fix inside.

• Also I would recommend you to use smaller sprites to limit memory usage, your enemy sprite is too big

• Ok, I'm at work now but I will take a look at it as soon as I get a opportunity.

Thanks for your help and quick response, I'll let you know how it goes.

• I have a lot of mix emotions right now. I have been working on the loop attack for a while now, months to be exact. And you fixed it in less than half a day. Thanks a lot I really appreciate all of your help as well as your help. I do have one more question if you don't mind. For some reason all the enemies don't do the same thing. Its seems the other enemies don't function the same way as the first one did, some do but the majority of them don't. I added a <i>for each</i> event but that didn't help at all. Do you know what could be causing this? If you can't help it's fine, I haven't had a chance to really look into it because I'm still at work. Once again thanks for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)