How do I Main Menu Music Issue

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:45 pm

hello,

Been working on a project for awhile and one thing that I just cant seem to figure out is how to get my BG_music to start when the Main Menu Loads.

Layout Flow
Logo Layout - shows my logo, fades out and then goes to Main Menu layout. Logo layout contains Pre-Load BG_Music

Main Menu Layout - Title Screen for game, plays BG_Music and then goes to Instructions Screen

Instructions Layout - Displays Instructions and has double tap which moves you to Lvl_stage1. THIS HAS NO BG MUSIC SET TO PLAY AS IT IS CARRYING OVER FRO MAIN MENU

If I test In Construct it works fine. Logo comes up, main menu is next and BG starts playing

If I test in Intel XDK on my mobile device the logo comes up, goes to Main Menu but no music plays. Double tap to move to Instructions and then the BG_music plays.

I have tried various methods of pre-loads and loading of the music but nothing changes when testing.

What am I missing?
Thanks
Last edited by rtkiii on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Anyone?
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Hey Rtk,

Have you tried putting the music in the sounds folder instead? The sounds folder is downloaded before the game starts while music streams.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 pm

GenkiGenga wrote:Hey Rtk,

Have you tried putting the music in the sounds folder instead? The sounds folder is downloaded before the game starts while music streams.

No I have not. I will though, do I need to re-import or just move directories inside of Construct 2?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Sorry for the late reply mate. If you can just drag them from one folder to another it should be fine.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?