How do I make a 3D looking flashlight in a room

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:55 pm

@R0J0hound You really amaze me!, i didn't know dogs in a suit were really good at Construct 2.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Yeah I was thinking about Raycasting as well last night...using raycasting might also give you a way to determine the placement of light glows...
but yeah i tweaked this a little more..but R0j0hound thats awesome..well done!

if you want to see my new Updated Version of my older non math attempt below with WebGL Radial Blur and other tweaks...still not perfect but could be worked on
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0qdu5tygt2gaf4/RoomLight%20update%203.capx?dl=0

and of course we are still using really basic graphics here Id love to see a fancy version with a full proper light sphere properly alpha blended
and all soft edges with light faded grunge fx..
or maybe just this of course ;P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mudv2p4n5pt4w3/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Online_Shadows_of_Angmar___Eye_of_Sauron.png?dl=0

and Yeah and BOIDS!!! flocking bugs flying infront of it to distract the player from how truly lowbudget this FX is haha
Thats what Id do

next version will have flying moths in front of it I promise
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:22 am

Well I post my attempt anyway even when it's unfinished. If nothing else then just to show one more method. Didn't add any proper 3d projection and the whole thing only currently works on right side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:20 am

Katala ...thats awesome :D

The good thing about 'unfinished' things is that are full of great new ideas and inspiration for new ways to do things

even the world is in a state of perpetual 'unfinished-ness'

thats what makes it so beautiful
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:15 pm

@R0j0hound
Your example is absolutly great!
But i think, it does not look like an light, more like an huge mouse-controlled waterdrop ;)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?