How do I make a bomb fuse effect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

I want to make an effect where say you light the end of a bomb fuse, and a spark graphic then follows the fuse line down to the bomb.

The fuse is not a straight line, it's kind of wavy like a string, so it's not like I could simply use the bullet effect, right?

And as the spark travels down the fuse, the fuse needs to disappear where the spark has been. How would I "erase" part of the line?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Depends a bit on how the effect is used in general - if it's like a static screen and this is a showcase effect you could just hand-place hundreds of fuse bits and then use for each ordered by zorder, for example to destroy them and set a spark sprite to their position.

If this is a dynamic thing with spawnable bombs, for example, then things get trickier. Give a little more information on how you want to use this.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Just a static screen, like a countdown timer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Then something like this could work just fine - feel free to play around by placing more copies of the fuse sprite to make the fuse longer (hold Ctrl and drag them).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Amazing, that's exactly what I was talking about! So simple now that I see it, but I don't think I would have ever figured that out the way you did that. Thanks so much!

And I learned something about Z Orders. I mean I knew I could right click a sprite and move it to the top or bottom layer, but guess I didn't realize when you copy/paste a bunch of sprites that each new copy is on a Z order layer higher than the last.

Thanks for the tip and sample capx!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?