How do I make a camera similar to MegaMan X

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:29 am

keeno79 wrote:Gotcha, so that's done ... but the scroll when the player leaves the "camera" box is very jerky regardless of which number I use.

Hmmm.... Then maybe you should decide on a different position for the camera box and not use that:
"camera x is overlapping player" statement. I can imagine the Y component of the camera is constantly catching up and re-centering.
Try : Set Camera.Y to PlayerAnimations.Y - 200 (or the distance you're comfortable with) or something. Only the X component has that "catching up" effect and the Y is constant.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:57 am

I understand what you mean, unfortunately doing as you suggest just reverts it back to following the player vertically.

I guess a little more digging is required ...
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:18 am

I don't completely understand your problem but from what I can tell you want the camera to maintain a relative Y distance to the player?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k218vl2vyhjex ... .capx?dl=0

Could you check this capx if this is what you mean?
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:58 am

Hi there, thank you for taking the time out to do all of this .... it's really appreciated.

I downloaded your example and unfortunately that's not what i'm after 100%, the gliding camera is superb but it still moves vertically regardless of the players position.

I've done some searching this morning and this is pretty much the perfect version of this is here

smart-camera-solved_t80481

Now, just to figure out why it isn't working in my little game as the movements of the camera are very stuttery.

@MPPlantOfficial, could I send you the capx for your expert eye? Again, happy to pay you for your time here.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?