How do I make a character dash?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:35 pm

As the subjects says, any suggestions how do I make a simple dash? (Rogue Legacy for example)
Like: Double pressed right arrow dashes to the right, same for left arrow but obviously in opposite direction.
I tried manipulating VectorX and MaxSpeed but it either doesn't work or overlaps with the current character's movement. Any .capx examples would be highly appreciated, but tips as well.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:06 pm

hey MozayKnows

mmm really ? Vector X didnt work?
it works on my games

I would first ask you since you said that you already tried Vector X
perhaps you messed up the events somehow..it happens, none of us are perfect

Anychance we could see how have you setup your double tap conditions as well..

if there is a problem I would start looking at the
The start of the events, 'The conditions' that you used maybe where the Problem lies..
any chance you could show how you did your Vector X events...maybe there is a problem in it
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:47 am

Actually it was my bad, I didn't increase the MaxSpeed and while moving + dashing the character stopped because the VectorX I set for dash was unreachable at that point. It works now. Thanks for your effort though!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:30 am

No worries.....it usually comes down to user error..lol

glad you figured it out..:D
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?