How do I make a character select screen w/ clicking function

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:41 pm

I've looked through the search feature to find an answer to my issue for my game. I have a character select screen but it doesn't work. The title screen works fine but it gets stuck on character select. I have a select screen when you can click on the character, I've seen tutorials that uses the arrow keys but that's not what I want.

Could someone help out?
Oh and if you're gonna explain something to me, please use pictures or I'll just get lost and won't understand. T_T
I find it hard to follow walls of texts. I'm a visual learner.

CAPX- (can't post because not enough rep so here's an image of my event sheet instead)
B

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 pm

First thing.. actions are read top to bottom, so it might be more convenient to change the character before changing the layout, maybe even a wait 0 inbetween to make sure..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:54 pm

It's still not working. :(
The layout won't change for some reason. >_<
B

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Have you checked the collision polygons of Shadowselect and Tailsselect and are you sure you are clicking within it?
Is collision detection set to on for those sprites?
Is there a layout called "TestLevel"?

Forget those questions, haha

You should probably attach an event sheet to the characterselect layout from your screenshot it seems it hasn't got one..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:17 pm

I got it working now. :D
Thanks for the help. \ ^.^ /
B

Return to How do I....?