How do I make a character turn around with animation

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Nope it's not working, if I follow the exact same steps written here, literally nothing happens.

I have tried to tweak them a little but what happens is that it flips the last frame of the Turning animation before going to idle.

Update: I have done it in a slightly different way by making sure the the Turn animation sprites were flipped backward, then on key press setting the "mirrored" first then tell it to play the turning animation, that worked.
The problem remains, when I I hold Right+Left, and release either, it starts moonwalking. I do not want that, but I do want it to keep the fluidity of movement when I switch from left to right on the fly (rather than having to stop then turn).
B
6
Posts: 14
Reputation: 278

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Black Rabbit wrote:The problem remains, when I I hold Right+Left, and release either, it starts moonwalking. I do not want that, but I do want it to keep the fluidity of movement when I switch from left to right on the fly (rather than having to stop then turn).


That's why I started using the keyboard setup I linked, for this can be easily avoided..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
54
S
16
G
8
Posts: 6,160
Reputation: 19,775

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:25 pm

LittleStain wrote:
Black Rabbit wrote:The problem remains, when I I hold Right+Left, and release either, it starts moonwalking. I do not want that, but I do want it to keep the fluidity of movement when I switch from left to right on the fly (rather than having to stop then turn).


That's why I started using the keyboard setup I linked, for this can be easily avoided..


Yes but then I get the problem that if the character is running left and I press right quickly while releasing left, it stops dead still and I have to click right again to make it move, making it feel very clunky and sluggish.
B
6
Posts: 14
Reputation: 278

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Black Rabbit wrote:
LittleStain wrote:
Black Rabbit wrote:The problem remains, when I I hold Right+Left, and release either, it starts moonwalking. I do not want that, but I do want it to keep the fluidity of movement when I switch from left to right on the fly (rather than having to stop then turn).


That's why I started using the keyboard setup I linked, for this can be easily avoided..


Yes but then I get the problem that if the character is running left and I press right quickly while releasing left, it stops dead still and I have to couch right again to make it move, making it feel very clunky and sluggish.


I'm not sure how you have set things up, so I wouldn't know..
I never had the problem you described..

Maybe you are trying to do something very different from what I was assuming or I just don't understand the way you have your events set up..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
54
S
16
G
8
Posts: 6,160
Reputation: 19,775

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

LittleStain wrote:I'd rather not use the is mirrored and set an instance variable for the direction the player is facing, but yeah, that sounds about right..

The if not mirrored should be a sub-event so the else event would only react to the "if not mirrored" condition.
Else doesn't need another condition attached, just right click and select add "else"




to be honest I really don't know I never even thought about that good question.
B
2
Posts: 1
Reputation: 152

Previous

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jasontoups and 3 guests