How do I make a circular infinite runner?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hello, I would like to ask you a few questions about a mobile game that I’m working at and I think using Construct will be a great solution, because I don't have knowledge about coding.

The game I’m working at is an infinite runner/platformer, where the character is only jumping straight, meanwhile the platforms are moving to the left. The center of gravity in each level is on the middle of a circle (the level itself), so the character has to be always attracted by the center.

How could I make an algorithm so the platforms and the other elements, like collectable items, enemies and another obstacles, will create themselves in a procedural way? Which will be the best way to do it?

I’ve read a tutorial about how it has to be done (for an horizontal-scroll platformer), but I would appreciate if you would help me with more information, because I don’t see it so clear...

Thank you! 😉

• Look in your C2 examples folder. You will find circular platformer example in there.

As for procedural generation there are many many ways.

You can use:

Every X seconds. Timer, triggering events...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Look in your C2 examples folder. You will find circular platformer example in there.

As for procedural generation there are many many ways.

You can use:

Every X seconds. Timer, triggering events...

Thank you, MPPlantOfficial

I saw the examples you mention, but I don't see very clear how to implement that in my concept taking that templates like a base. And for the procedural generation subject, well... I'm a beginner using Construct, so I'm a little bit lost when I read your answer. I would appreciate a lot a little guidance/explanation or help in form of some tutorial in text or video to understand correctly the way to create procedural generation levels.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)