How do I Make a Combo Chain system

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Combo
$10 USD
Button Combinations like in fightings, supports both keyboard and gamepads
  • I've been working on an a platformer for a while and I've been having a lot of trouble with making a combo system, here is what I have, also please ignore some of the names of these Booleans I was getting really frustrated:

Everything works as it should until the : -On Z Pressed

-Is canPunchBegin2

The animation "Punch3" doesn't work and the game is just stuck on the "Idle" Animation and I don't have any control.

If someone could potentially fix this code or give me a hint on how to make a better combo system then I'd gladly appreciate it.

The way I want the system to work is:

-When Player presses Z their control is taken away and they begin the first punch animation

-When the first punch animation is finished the Player has 0.2 second to press Z again or else they reset back to the idle animation

-If Z is pressed in those 0.2 second then the second punch animation is played

-When the second punch animation is finished the Player has 0.2 second to press Z again or else they reset back to the idle animation

-If Z is pressed in those 0.2 second then the third punch animation is played

-When the third punch animation is finished the player goes back to the idle animation and can restart the chain again.

Thanks for reading.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Gewku,

Try this example and let me know if you have any troubles incorporating it into your own project.

https://db.tt/D23KGfv1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)