How do I make a custom cursor appear

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • I want to make a game in which the ccursor will be able to take any form I like. I can do that by having a sprite be at the mouse's position every tick but is there a way to make the normal cursor disappear, or better yet change it with the sprite one?

• Yes you can its easy to do so.

on start of layout -> Mouse -> set cursor from sprite.

• Yes you can its easy to do so.

on start of layout -> Mouse -> set cursor from sprite.

I did that and it didn't work. Even when I start the layout the cursor remains the same

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you can import the cursor object then have every tick set cursor to none then have another sprite pinned to cursor.X

and cursor .Y and have that on an every tick statement

• I think you can import the cursor object then have every tick set cursor to none then have another sprite pinned to cursor.X

and cursor .Y and have that on an every tick statement

It seems you can't set it to none and even with Every Tick instead of On start of Layout nothing happens. Luckily for me though I wanted to make it chance to the different types you normally see (hand, text select etc) so I used Set Cursor Style instead which worked with On start of layout.

• I used on start of layout -> Mouse -> set cursor from sprite on my games and it works fine, you probably done something wrong.

But yeah you can also use set cursor style if it suits your need's.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)