How do I make a death counter ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Make a displayed number gradually increase or decrease, making an impression of a real-time counting.
  • I don't know if I'm autistic or something but hell, I thought it would be as simple as something like :

But no, as soon as the layout restard the text is reset, even tho its content is supposed to be the global variable Deaths. What the hell ?

Also, if someone know how to print the the time displayed by the Time Manager plugin, that'd be nice. Thank you, I'm curious to know what's wrong

• If it's what I'm thinking it is, this will be a pretty easy fix. Move the "Set Deaths to Deaths +1" to before the Restart Layout event.

Also, I recommend changing your text updater to every tick instead of every second.

• Thanks for answering ! Actually, I've tried that (the every tick + inverting events), but nope, still the same problem.

The counter is equal to 0 at the beginning.

I die, the counter is now 1.

Layout restarts, the counter is 0 again. What the...

EDIT : Sorry, I was being autistic. There was a "set Deaths to 0" condition in my "On start of layout". WTF was I thinking at the moment. Thanks for the help !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Glad you found it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)