How do I make a "Double-Kill" Feature

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:51 pm

So I'm making this dog fighting (airplanes not dogs ;) ), and I would like to add a feature that could allow more than just single kills to get points. I have thought of a couple ideas, like a "No Shots Fired"(get points only by causing enemies to take each other down) bonus at the end of the game, but I really want one that could score you a couple bonus points during the game.
What I have thought of for this is a way to score double kills, or multiple kills in a short period of time. So the what I thought I could do is add an instance variable for kills, and a global var for double kills (global just so I can add it to the final score layout). Buuuut... I couldn't find a way to track every time a value of 2 is added to kills in 1.5 seconds (trust me there's so many AI that spawn it wouldn't be toooo hard in this time period).
:? If anyone could help me out with this t hat would be amazing!
Thanks in advance,
Justus

P.S- Lol, also, does anyone know if you can get an old license back from a dead laptop?
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:13 am

You would use the Timer behaviour for that.

Here is the .capx.
Pretty self-explanatory.

The button represents one kill.
When a doublekill is granted, the timer resets to 1.5 giving the opportunity to score another doublekill.
This also opens up the possibility for triple-, quad-, penta-, and-so-on-kills.

If you need any help with the other features you want, PM me or open up another thread.

PS: you better post that license topic under C2 general.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks. Will check that out, and post that license thingy under C2 general.
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:21 pm

About the license, dont you have it on your e-mail? Maybe you can try email Tom to get a backup.
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes and feel free to correct me if needed.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Oh yeah and Cassiano and randomly, I figured out how to get my license. The website has an option to download it as a txt file. Then you just open it with Construct and voila.
B
S

Return to Beginner's Questions