How do I make a full fledged game using the free version?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi! I'm new to this software and all, but I found that as soon as I tried making a complicated game, it popped up saying I needed to buy the full version. Is there any chance we could have less restrictions in the future?

I'm fully aware that we need some incentive to buy your products, but for us people that just want to make a game that has a story, good graphics, good gameplay, etc, it just doesn't seem possible.

Thank you!

• I suppose you would want all the export options for free also.

Jeez

• I suppose you would want all the export options for free also.

Jeez

No, not at all. I'd like atleast an exe export so that we can actually give our games to the masses.

Why are you being so critical? ;/

• > I suppose you would want all the export options for free also.

>

> Jeez

>

No, not at all. I'd like atleast an exe export so that we can actually give our games to the masses.

Why are you being so critical? ;/

Perhaps he, like me, expects the next thing you'll ask is a capx example of a full game

Anyways, the free version is limited to 100 events and no families, lots of people made nice games with it.

Which should be a good incentive I guess.

Also the price of this software is amazingly low.

• If you want to give your game to the masses then html5 is perfect for you.

Basically your question sounds like "how can I bypass free license" and let's face it, you can't really make any complicated games with free edition and 100 event limit.

• There are tons of free alternatives.

You should try them all.

• There are tons of free alternatives.

You should try them all.

I did, and none of them are beginner friendly. Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?

Not sure what you mean here - have you checked how much a personal c2 licence actually costs? Way short of $1000, and not a subscription model! It's a steal... so what are you waiting for?

• See here is where you, an obvious philanthropist, spends a several million dollars to make the software free to people.

• "I did, and none of them are beginner friendly. Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?"

They aren't. Construct 2 neither costs nothing (in a seriously useable form) nor does it cost $1000. If you make $5k out of a game they only want £250 for it. If not it's about £70 or something.

The reason the beginner programs "cost nothing" is they are try before you buy much like Construct 2. You aren't supposed to write full games with it (though there's no reason why you shouldn't), it's so you can see exactly what it does before shelling out your £70.

Look at the competition ; the prices are eyewatering and many of them are annual subs.

• "I did, and none of them are beginner friendly. Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?"

They aren't. Construct 2 neither costs nothing (in a seriously useable form) nor does it cost $1000. If you make $5k out of a game they only want £250 for it. If not it's about £70 or something.

The reason the beginner programs "cost nothing" is they are try before you buy much like Construct 2. You aren't supposed to write full games with it (though there's no reason why you shouldn't), it's so you can see exactly what it does before shelling out your £70.

Look at the competition ; the prices are eyewatering and many of them are annual subs.

Why couldn't they still put together a small team to occassionally update Construct Classic? They'd still get tons of money.

• > "I did, and none of them are beginner friendly. Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?"

>

> They aren't. Construct 2 neither costs nothing (in a seriously useable form) nor does it cost $1000. If you make $5k out of a game they only want £250 for it. If not it's about £70 or something.

>

> The reason the beginner programs "cost nothing" is they are try before you buy much like Construct 2. You aren't supposed to write full games with it (though there's no reason why you shouldn't), it's so you can see exactly what it does before shelling out your £70.

>

> Look at the competition ; the prices are eyewatering and many of them are annual subs.

>

Why couldn't they still put together a small team to occassionally update Construct Classic? They'd still get tons of money.

It's pretty simple:

If you think this program isn't worth your money, don't buy it..

• > "

>

> Why couldn't they still put together a small team to occassionally update Construct Classic? They'd still get tons of money.

>

It *is* a small team. Development is basically Ashley Gullen. As I understand it, development of C2 is slowed significantly (except for bugs) so he can work on C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)