How do I make a full fledged game using the free version?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 pm

paulscottrobson wrote:"I did, and none of them are beginner friendly. Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?"

They aren't. Construct 2 neither costs nothing (in a seriously useable form) nor does it cost $1000. If you make $5k out of a game they only want £250 for it. If not it's about £70 or something.

The reason the beginner programs "cost nothing" is they are try before you buy much like Construct 2. You aren't supposed to write full games with it (though there's no reason why you shouldn't), it's so you can see exactly what it does before shelling out your £70.

Look at the competition ; the prices are eyewatering and many of them are annual subs.

Why couldn't they still put together a small team to occassionally update Construct Classic? They'd still get tons of money.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Huzzah wrote:
paulscottrobson wrote:"I did, and none of them are beginner friendly. Why are all the quality programs costing nothing and the beginner programs cost upwards of 1000 dollars?"

They aren't. Construct 2 neither costs nothing (in a seriously useable form) nor does it cost $1000. If you make $5k out of a game they only want £250 for it. If not it's about £70 or something.

The reason the beginner programs "cost nothing" is they are try before you buy much like Construct 2. You aren't supposed to write full games with it (though there's no reason why you shouldn't), it's so you can see exactly what it does before shelling out your £70.

Look at the competition ; the prices are eyewatering and many of them are annual subs.

Why couldn't they still put together a small team to occassionally update Construct Classic? They'd still get tons of money.

It's pretty simple:
If you think this program isn't worth your money, don't buy it..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Huzzah wrote:
paulscottrobson wrote:"

It *is* a small team. Development is basically Ashley Gullen. As I understand it, development of C2 is slowed significantly (except for bugs) so he can work on C3.
My tutorial through development blog is at http://myconstruct2dev.blogspot.co.uk/
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?