how do i make a game like akinator?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I have a question whether can construct 2 make games like akinator

Please help

• I have a question whether can construct 2 make games like akinator

Please help

Probably better if you give more information, such as a link to the game, or what the game mechanic involves.

Your level of experience is also important, just to determine whether you may be over-reaching too early, which can be very disheartening for new developers.

• The graphics and game mechanics in Akinator is very simple and you can totally build your own quiz-like games with Construct 2.

However, Akinator is known for its complex AI and programming such AI must be a very hard task, for which C2 is probably not the right tool.

• zenox98 The Akinator Is a Form of Artificial Intelligence That Can Read Your Mind!!!!

the akinator is running with a database?

Akinator like engine

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • However, Akinator is known for its complex AI and programming such AI must be a very hard task, for which C2 is probably not the right tool.

In fact, Akinator works with a complax tag-and-match system. It has is a huge list of people, and the answers for those questions for each person. Also, it has a question list, saying which attribute is related to that question, from where it picks the questions to make as it rules people out. Like "20 questions", it matches the answers you give with the answers it has for each of the characters.

Let's preview its behavior in a much smaller context:

Characters

Mickey: Rat, Has Girlfriend, Male

Minnie: Rat, Has Boyfriend, Female

Donald: Duck, Has Girlfriend, Male

Daisy: Duck, Has Boyfriend, Female

Goofy: Dog, No girlfriend, Male

Pluto: Dog, No girlfriend, Male

Questions

Is it a rat/dog/duck?

Does it have a romantic partner?

Is it male/female?

You think of Donald.

(It randomly picks a question)

Q: Is it a dog?

A: No.

(It rules out Goofy and Pluto. And it rules out the question about Romantic Partner, since ALL AVAILABLE now have one. And picks another question)

Q: Is it male?

A: Yes.

(It rules out Daisy and Minnie. And, since it has only 2 possible characters, it picks a question that will tell it about an attribute that's different for them)

Q: Is it a duck?

A: Yes.

(It rules out Mickey and, having no other character that fits the description, it states your character)

Is it Donald Duck?

The thing is, you must have a large enough set of characters with a large enough set of attributes that makes each of them unique. For instance, the set we used at the example, would not be a good one, since Goofy and Pluto are, in the eyes of the AI, equal. If we added another attribute regarding number of legs (2 for Goofy, 4 for Pluto) it would be a better set.

So, in terms of development it's very simple, but building this character data bank is a HUUUUUGE job.

Cheers!

• Absolutely possible, just may involve some tedious work.

I tried it and it guessed correctly once then failed the second time and third time, so only got 1 out of 3 correctly All it takes is a few questions that you don't know and it throws it off.

• >

> In fact, Akinator works with a complax tag-and-match system. [...]

>

Nah, it must be something more complex than that

I played with it today for about an hour, the questions it asks are often really stupid because they contradict my previous answers and yet it guesses with near 100% accuracy.

Something like this:

1) Is it a man?

Yes

2) Is it a fictional character?

No

3) Is it from Star Wars?

NO! he's real!

4) Is it a bird?

wtf, NO!

Oh, I know it's Ben Affleck.

Me: how?!???

• So in fact it must be LESS complex than that... If it picks dumb questions, I mean. Most of those are designs of the 20 question game, actually...

[EDIT]

Hey dop2000!

Been playing Akinator for the last hour and it's actually far more stupid than it should be. Contrary to 20 Questions, it apparently does not "learn" new characters.

Also, it does not rule out questions, just characters. What means it will ask you if your character is from a movie and, after you say it's NOT, it may still ask if it's in a Horror Movie. Which just shows it's far more simple than an AI.

Considering the behaviour I saw, it probably does use a match attributes system, as I mentioned before. But not a very good one, the same goes for their DB. During the hour I played it failed repeatedly to guess the characters that I picked and, when it did, it was on the second or third attempt.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)