How do I Make a Gap/Black Hole effect with 2 Sprites

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi guys, i have 2 sprites, the ball has the Physics behavior just to fall into the green hole Sprite...

So i dont know how to make the "going through the hole" effect... like this

I dont want it to make disappear the Ball when it overlaps the Green Hole, i want to make the effect like shown in the picture, how i can make this possible? i couldnt find anything related to this in the tutorials or manual

maybe you know the logic / trick to make that effect with these 2 sprites let me know how to :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Add a hidden sprite so it appears under the hole and fits exactly the shape of the bottom of the hole. Put the z order of this sprite above the ball z position so that, as the ball moves down, it will appear to disappear. Make sure the new sprite's color / pattern matches the image behind it and you won't see it - the example below uses a different color to highlight the image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Thx, that will work fine for what i need :)

but how about if the ball comes from the bottom? I think i would need to invert the trick and put another "invisible" sprite at the top...so to make the trick then i need to get where from is coming the ball, if from the top or bottom, and finally applying the z-order to the respective bottom/top sprite...

and when the ball complete overlaps that invisible sprite, destroy it or make it spawn in other location as a Portal game hehe, i will post a capx later

thx again ill try that and the idea i got from your reply...of course any other method is always welcome :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:07 pm

use the Z-order when the ball overlap the "extra hidden sprite"
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 pm

this is what i done...just for test purpose...for the overlaping Edges when coming from another angle/side ill be looking the solution for that,to make the "hole effect" around in 360 degrees no matter where it comes from ;)

heres the capx, you can drag/drop the ball for test
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzotF1ti-huRbWpra3JaNFN2djg/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?