How do I make a Level editor

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hi Im trying to make a level editor on construct 2 so im making a top down game a shoter to be exact and im making it for native pc I think is by using the NWS.js and i suck at making level editors + arrays + File shoser + dictionarys + ajax.

ok i want to make a level editor capable (IF IT IS POSSIBLE) i want it to be able to save and load levels to a chosen location by the NWjs file choser action .

and to save the level to a format that the game only reconises

and also Save like level actions for example when player colides with rock then player destroy or something like that

I am a noob on this go easy on me

• Not 100% sure what you mean by level editor but I think what you are refering to is a tilemap?

scirra.com/tutorials/1001/l%20...%20me-with-it

The link is used for a platformer but you could use the same concept for a top down level creator.

Scirra documentation on tilemaps - scirra.com/manual/172/tilemap

• Really cool consept, but i want to make like an in game level editor that alows the player to make custom levels and share them with others

Sorry for bad ENG

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Jean, if you are new I would start with something easier tbh but to answer your question - I would do it with an array.

Every piece of your scenery would have a number associated with it and when you make the map locally it is saved in that array and shared with the host or peers for them to create it on their side.

A tiny rectangle map might look like this in the array:

6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 3

4 / 0 / 0 / 3 / 5

2 / 4 / 0 / 3 / 6

Still, I would suggest you just focus on making the game without the level editor because again if you are new you will find that hard enough I think. Especially if it is multiplayer. If you can do this then adding a level editor afterwards wont be a massive issue.

• thanks for the help i really apreciate the support

i will kepp making my game without a level editor thanks for th advice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)