How do I make a level select check point

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • Hello,

I have been recently working on a game and have gotten very far. The last idea I would like to implement is a level select check point, where after a certain level when the player runs out of lives they can just return to that check point level. I have tried several ways and nothing seems to be working. I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem and what the solution was.

Thank you for your time,

Peter

• A little difficult to help because there's several ways to create levels/level selection and I don't know which method you've chosen. Do you have a separate layout for each level? In that case just store the checkpoints on a variable and:

Player lives = 0 -> Go to Layout (by name) "Stage"&Checkpoint

For the level selection layout (if there's one), store the checkpoint variable in LocalStorage and load it from there.

• Well I do have each level on a different layout. I do not understand what you mean by storing the checkpoints on a variable. How I have it is, after every five levels, the levels become selectectable, even after the character loses lives. I think I have figured it out, but i may send a capx file just to see if you or someo else can test it to see if it works proerly or if i have missed something.

• Well I do have each level on a different layout. I do not understand what you mean by storing the checkpoints on a variable. How I have it is, after every five levels, the levels become selectectable, even after the character loses lives. I think I have figured it out, but i may send a capx file just to see if you or someo else can test it to see if it works proerly or if i have missed something.

You can do that with an array. I made this capx quick, but hope you get the basic idea:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

• Have a go at this my friend.

solarflare-studios.com/include/downloads/Checkpoints.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you both so much! I will give them both a go and see what happens. I may add a capx. file to my next post just so you can see what I am working with!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)