How do I make a level select check point

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Hello,

I have been recently working on a game and have gotten very far. The last idea I would like to implement is a level select check point, where after a certain level when the player runs out of lives they can just return to that check point level. I have tried several ways and nothing seems to be working. I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem and what the solution was.

Thank you for your time,

Peter
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 pm

A little difficult to help because there's several ways to create levels/level selection and I don't know which method you've chosen. Do you have a separate layout for each level? In that case just store the checkpoints on a variable and:
Player lives = 0 -> Go to Layout (by name) "Stage"&Checkpoint

For the level selection layout (if there's one), store the checkpoint variable in LocalStorage and load it from there.
"If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs"
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Well I do have each level on a different layout. I do not understand what you mean by storing the checkpoints on a variable. How I have it is, after every five levels, the levels become selectectable, even after the character loses lives. I think I have figured it out, but i may send a capx file just to see if you or someo else can test it to see if it works proerly or if i have missed something.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:19 pm

HebeinPeter wrote:Well I do have each level on a different layout. I do not understand what you mean by storing the checkpoints on a variable. How I have it is, after every five levels, the levels become selectectable, even after the character loses lives. I think I have figured it out, but i may send a capx file just to see if you or someo else can test it to see if it works proerly or if i have missed something.

You can do that with an array. I made this capx quick, but hope you get the basic idea:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs"
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Have a go at this my friend.

solarflare-studios.com/include/downloads/Checkpoints.capx
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:27 am

Thank you both so much! I will give them both a go and see what happens. I may add a capx. file to my next post just so you can see what I am working with!
B
S

Return to How do I....?