How do I make a local & offline multiplayer game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 am

How do I make a local & offline multiplayer game?

I'm a noob when it comes to multiplayer games...
Any reference you can give me? Any plugins? Any tutorials?

And are photon cloud and multiplayer plugin only for online games?
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 am

If you require a purely offline solution, you'll need a local signaling server to use with the multiplayer plugin. https://www.scirra.com/store/game-makin ... server-161

If your LAN will have access to the internet, you can use the free official signaling server as you would normally for an online game.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:12 am

oosyrag wrote:If you require a purely offline solution, you'll need a local signaling server to use with the multiplayer plugin. https://www.scirra.com/store/game-makin ... server-161

If your LAN will have access to the internet, you can use the free official signaling server as you would normally for an online game.

So that's is it's use. Very great info.

A have more questions please.
1)What if I buy the signalling server and use it both online and offline, do I still need to use Scirra's online signalling server?
2)Does Photon Cloud need an external signalling server or does it already do the work for you?
3) How do I actually use the signalling server?
4) Would I need a signalling server for Photon Cloud?
5) What's the difference between the Photon Cloud plugin and Multiplayer Plugin?
6) What exactly is a signalling server, is it a program or an actual server?

Thanks :D . It would be very helpful if you can answer my questions.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:16 am

Based on your questions, I think you should try to read, follow, and understand the scirra multiplayer tutorials before proceeding.

I am not familiar with the photon plugin, so can't help there.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:19 am

oosyrag wrote:Based on your questions, I think you should try to read, follow, and understand the scirra multiplayer tutorials before proceeding.

I am not familiar with the photon plugin, so can't help there.

Yeah I kind of became lazy so I asked here. :lol: It was so long.
Ok, I'll read it. But I'll come back here and ask you something I still don't understand after reading.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?