How do I make a Loop (game) kind of gameplay?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:12 am

Hi, I'm trying to remake the gameplay of the puzzle game called Loop in C2 but I can't quite figure out how it's done.
The goal of the game is to rotate some shapes in order to fill the layout with only looping kind of shapes.

This was my basic attempt at creating the mechanism, but I can't get it to work correctly...
(This will be invisible after all and will pin a sprite over each box, the black boxes where the beginnings and ends of a shape like the straight lines in the middle and circles at the sides)
I tried to check if a black box was overlapping another black box at an offset and set them both to connected then later on check if all boxes are connected, but that doesn't work as it picks only one of the boxes.
How could this be done? Is there a much easier approach I'm missing?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:20 am

It's actually very easy to do with tilemap.
Check this out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zran0624ldbs ... .capx?dl=0

The only problem with tilemap is that it's not possible to rotate tiles smoothly. But you can use the same logic and build your grid with sprites.

Did I help to fix a problem in your game? You can buy me a cup of coffee :) If you'd like to hire me, please see this post
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:16 am

Did I help to fix a problem in your game? You can buy me a cup of coffee :) If you'd like to hire me, please see this post
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:27 am

@dop2000 This is so great! Thank you.
I've no idea why I always never think of using arrays and strings at the first place.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?