How do I make a multi-bullet?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:31 pm

One of my power-ups is a fireball that fires a set of 3 projectiles in a fan.
How do I achieve this in the event sheet?
I want to spawn 3 projectiles, all on the same key press, and have them fan out in different directions.

B

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:15 am

At the point where you want to spawn the three bullets, add this:

Code: Select all
Repeat 3 times [condition]
       -> Create object "fireball" [action]
       -> "fireball": set angle to: -20+loopindex*10

This will spawn three fireballs, one at the angle -10, one at 0 and one at 10.

If you want something different, just replace the second action with this formula:
Code: Select all
"fireball": set angle to: ([highest angle you want] minus [angular difference between fireballs]) +loopindex * [angular difference between fireballs]

If you need more help, just send me your .capx or post the context of those fireballs, like angles and stuff.
Last edited by randomly on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:32 am

Thanks, randomly! But I am so new to this that I really can't comprehend what I'm supposed to do with the code you typed above! Here is the code I have so far...
-------------
Keyboard | On SPACE pressed --> Player | Spawn FIREBALL on layer 1 (image point 1)
-------------
Where do i put the "Repeat 3 times" condition? Where do I find that condition; under System, player, or fireball?
What is [list]? What is this multiply sign [*]? Where do I put those? What is a +loopindex and what does it do?

Sorry for my lack of understanding.
B

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:09 am

Whoopsiewhoo, that [list] and [*] was a formatting fault by me. Keep forgetting that BBCode doesn't work in code..
Anyways, set it up like this:

Just try it out, see if it suits your needings and if you need to modify the angle, just post it. :)

EDIT:
Should look like this:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:10 pm

AWESOME SAUCE! It worked. Thanks, randomly!
One more quick question if you don't mind... can you help me understand how the angles work? What if i wanted the center fireball to shoot at 0 degrees, and the other two to be 30 degrees distance from it?
In one of your above answers, you said that the -20 is the highest angle, and the *10 is the distance between the angles. Would the code be -30+loopindex*30?
B

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Almost!

It would be -60+loopindex*30.

Explanation:
Each fireball's angle gets set in the same loop as it was created.
"loopindex" for the first loopindex is 1, for the second it's 2 and for the third it's 3.
This means that for the first fireball created, the calculation would be -60+1*30 which is -30, exactly what we want. The second one would be -60+2*30 which would be 0. And so on.

Now to make this simplier, you could exchange the "repeat" condition by a "for" condition, in this case "For 0 to 2".
You would then change the "Set angle" action to exactly what you proposed, -30+loopindex*30, since the first loopindex would now be 0 and the last one 2.

Choose whatever you prefer. :)
(Remember: "Repeat" always starts at loopindex 1 while "For" makes you able to set where to start and where to end.)
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:31 pm

I understand, which is amazing because i am math-challenged! Thanks, randomly!
B

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:06 pm

If you need more reference for this subject, see the link to a topic:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=169329&p=1019230&hilit=+bullet#p1019230
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions