How do i make a multiplayer chat room with just socket.io?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Chat with smart animals using the OpenAi Chat GPT 3 API
  • How do i make a multiplayer chat room with just socket.io and Nodjs or wat ever i dont no socket io or nodjs at all i need some one who can make me a dope ass chat room it would be a great help or teach me really good cus i have now idea how to make a multiplayer chat room and dont have the paid version ill do wat ever it takes i need multiplayer chat

-Thanks Kota Wodda Stooooooned

• A few issues:

a) You're unlikely to make something as advanced as a multiplayer chat room with the free version.

b) Why should someone take the time to teach you everything that's needed for that to work? There are many tutorials on how to do the various bits of it - go look at them first.

c) If you write it proper English and at least spell properly or TRY then you'll find more people willing to put the time into help you.

d) What is a 'dope ass chat room'? A chat room is a chat room surely?

• Psynaptik woddakota

a) You're unlikely to make something as advanced as a multiplayer chat room with the free version.

chatroom is not that advanced. Anyone could do a basic setup under 100 events, it just might not be worthwhile. But then again, at least there would be users so transitioning to a more advanced system under a personal license would be viable at that point.

b) Why should someone take the time to teach you everything that's needed for that to work? There are many tutorials on how to do the various bits of it - go look at them first.

ery few cover using Socket.IO and Nodejs with C2, and even then, it actually requires a 3rd party plugin since Socket.IO is not supported by the current Websocket plugin.

c) If you write it proper English and at least spell properly or TRY then you'll find more people willing to put the time into help you.

hat is true. It's hard to take your post seriously,

d) What is a 'dope ass chat room'? A chat room is a chat room surely?

here's no need to point that out...

All that being said. Wodda, you'll want to leverage the multiplayer plugin, especially if you've not used Nodejs extensively. You'll mostly be on your if you decide to use Websockets.

I recommend the multiplayer tuts starting here: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/892/mu ... 1-concepts

• Ah, thanks for the correction - didn't realise a chatroom would be simple.

• Ah, thanks for the correction - didn't realise a chatroom would be simple.

ell, a simple chatroom would be simple. I mean, the multiplayer chatroom example itself is under 100 events (~38) and can be previewed by free users. Unfortunately it's not exportable due to free restrictions, but with work and progress and something to show, by the time the 100 event limit is reached, the project should be decent.

• If you want to make it with Socket.IO and Node.JS you should take a look at this tutorial:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/571/modded-socketio

• Conti
  • If you want to make it with Socket.IO and Node.JS you should take a look at this tutorial:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/571/modded-socketio

re you going to continue support for the plugin?

Please note, with the arrival of the new official Multiplayer Plugin, i WONT Recommend using Socket.IO anymore.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DatapawWolf since i haven't made it i cant continue "support" in form of releasing updates of the actual plugin.

On questions or other regards i will continue to help people as best as i can.

But as stated, i won't recommend Socket.IO anymore since it isn't the suprerior multiplayer plugin anymore.

The official one has multiple very usefull things that the Socket.IO doesn't have (NAT Punch-Through, P2P, UDP).

So, ill repeat: On questions ill help, but recommending using it i won't (dayum, dat yoda grammar ), you are in better hands using the official plugin.

• Conti
  • i have free version wich sucks cus i have a game i made thats on fb has over 19k people who play it and they want a chat system and a friend system

• woddakota could you get them to donate say, after purchasing a license?

SgtConti neither is "superior." They are both good for different projects. :p

• DatapawWolf, well, the official is kinda suprerior because of the Punch-Through and ICE Server connection.

That way more people would be able to connect via the official one then via the Socket.IO.

And since the official one has UDP and Socket.IO doesn't have it, Socket.IO is unsuitable for real-time games.

• Hmm thats a good idea but i still need a back up idea for my game untill then or they will leave cus i add new shit to the game every munth and its usually big like i add 100 more achievments all hard as fuck then 50 normal ones

but anyway could i make a purchase button and have it send the money to my paypal if they buy a in game item from the shop? and have it be like $0.99 and will it be able to go to my paypal account right from the game?

• woddakota unfortunately the licensing agreement of the free version doesn't allow you to accept money for anything created using Construct 2 without a personal or business license. :p

And since the official one has UDP and S.IO doesn't have it, S.IO is unsuitable for real-time games.

hat's a myth. TCP is more than suitable for real-time games.

• SgtConti [quote:387h3kzo]can a real time game such as an FPS give good performance over a TCP connection?

Real-time doesn't necessarily mean a 3D FPS. It could also mean a 2D sidescrolling RPG, which again, you'd be fine using TCP.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)