How do I make a multiple users menu?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Hello! New C2 user here.

I would like to make a start menu for multiple users, like this:

drive.google.com/open

And these are my actions (“Utente” is the Italian word for “User”, btw):

drive.google.com/open

Now...if there’s not a save file slot yet, is the “on load failed” event right? I can’t test this part because I still don’t understand where the program puts the save slots on the hard drive!

And how do I erase the save slot (with the classic “trash” icon) if an “erase save” action doesn’t exist?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Personally, I would store this data in a Dictionary. A Dictionary is used to store and re-call data which you can identify with a 'key' - a unique identifier. In this case, I would make your 'key' be the Player's name (so long as another player hasn't already used that name of course!), and in the value I would store 'SaveStateJSON'. The value 'SaveStateJSON' is only available in events called by the condition 'On save complete', and represents the snapshot of the game that is created for a save fil.

You should then use Local Storage to hold the contents of the Dictionary, so that it can be recalled at a later date. Local Storage is worth getting your head around - but I would advise reading the complete manual entry on the subject before moving forward with it. A lot of questions about LocalStorage posted on here can be fixed by actually reading the manual - it is not entirely as straightforward as it seems!

https://www.scirra.com/manual/188/local-storage

• Okay, I'll give the Dictionary/Local Storage a try, thank you very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)