How do I make a non-laggy multiplayer pong game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:42 am

Hello, everyone. I apologize in advance for my English - it's not my first language.

I'm trying to understand how multiplayer works. Of course, I've read all the multiplayer tutorials by @Ashley.
My goal now is taking the "Multiplayer pong" example and making it non-laggy with local imput prediction and lag compensation.

Following the "real-time game" tutorial, I've enabled local imput prediction for the peer:

But what about the lag compensation? I've searched through so many topics in this forum but it seems none managed to give a real answer (lennaert tried to answer here: https ://w ww.scirra.com/forum/multiplayer-lag-compensation_t149648 )
I guess I should have some lag compensation when the ball collides with the paddle... maybe... right? How can I do it?!

I hope I don't sound lazy by asking this. I thought a lot about how to do it and how the things work and I did some attempts but none seemed to make sense. I don't know, maybe only one tutorial with lag compensation is not enough or maybe I'm not very smart.

Like, I guessed I should start by doing this?
But I'm not sure at all...

Please, help ._.
Last edited by Gilpow on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
B

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 am

Does anyone in this site know how to make a real-time multiplayer game? ...
B

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

If they did your last comment will keep most people from helping. Just a fyi...

edit: i dont know how, btw
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:07 pm

aaronreed wrote:If they did your last comment will keep most people from helping

Why? I don't think I offended anyone.
The reason why I wrote that is not only the fact that I'm not getting a reply but also because similar threads that I saw on the forums about multiplayer almost got no replies or only some 'guesses'. I'm worried by this.

In my first post, here, I talked about another thread on this forum by a guy who had the EXACT SAME problem that I'm having now. And apparently he couldn't find a solution to his relatively simple problem. He even said:
"Maybe the multiplayer isn't really designed for something like this? Maybe I will stick with doing a turn based game with it."
I fear that this might be true. Maybe Construct 2 is too limited when it comes to real-time multiplayer games.
B

Return to How do I....?