How do I make a particle spawn to the left..

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Hey guys im making a platform shooter game like megaman but im having trouble with the particle effect that acts as the muzzle flash.so here's the problem every time i fire the particle sprays a cone to the right but when the characters turns to the left the spray cone is still to the left how can i make the spray cone go to the left? sorry if im such a noob at this..
B

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:00 pm

I have not played with particle spawn, but I would think it is like any animation if you need it to go another way. you would need to invert the event.
is facing right normal
is facing left inverted
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 pm

You need to set the angle of the particle effect when your character turns around.

How are you having your character sprite turn around? If you are using mirror, add an extra action whenever your mirror your character, use Particle: Set Angle - 180-self.angle.

Or you can use a variable to keep track of which way your character is facing, and change the particle angle whenever that changes.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 pm

thx for the replies oosyrag i tried your suggestion but it didnt work the particle cone is still firing to the right and carbincopy i tried to to that but no effect what so ever..
B

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Here is an example where the particle angle is always set to the sprite angle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdoruss24f3f9 ... .capx?dl=0
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?