How do I make a physgun?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 am

For those who don't understand what a physgun is I have an example here. That video will also explain the type of tool I am going for in my game.

All I have so far is a capx of the player with an "gun" that follows the mouse.

Gun Movement.capx

My plan is to create a "gun" type tool that will shoot a beam (doesn't have to) to an object and be able to pick it up and move it. I hope it is possible to control the rotation of the object by holding a key down as you would with the physgun but I'm not sure if that would be very easy in construct.

If anyone can help let me know!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:39 am

Edit: Deleted my post because I decided to try implementing it in a .capx and there were some issues. Hold tight, working on a .capx at the moment for a fun challenge, :).
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 am

Will do @inquiesco! Excited to see what you can come up with! I've been trying and trying and still can't figure it out lol
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:51 am

@ApoxInc How's this? Hit E while an object is selected to invoke it's Bullet behaviour (fires the object when Left-click is released), and Spacebar to rotate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 am

This is very nice @inquiesco! I can work with this. Thanks for the help man, you're awesome! :D You'll be in the credits of the game!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:49 am

@ApoxInc Haha, happy to help, :).
B
S

Return to How do I....?