How do I make a run game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello,

I have been playing this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.halfbrick.jetpackjoyride and it's a great game.
As far as I know (limited knowledge of C2), I can make a game like this.
Sure, I will have to learn a lot, but for now I need to know how can I make it endless like that?
I mean, do I have to put all the objects inside the game (outside the layout) and tell the game to auto-place/generate obstacles and minions, or I have to make a very, very, very long game that doesn't make any sense?
If it's the first option, how do I make it generate the content? It's similar to the flappy bird game?

THANK YOU!

Andrei
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:06 am

generating a procedural game in construct with those characteristics is incredible simple. However, it's so simple, i'm gonna suggest you read the manual, take the beginners tutorial, and then for any follow up questions, search the tutorials and forums using the search tool in the page, since it's really likely that question has already been asked and answered.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:12 am

@mvandrei it is similar to the helicopter example in C2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 am

C2 has a jetpack joyride gameplay example. Look for the "Flying Along" template when you create a new project or when you look at the built in example templates. This is what I used as the base for my current game.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?