How do I make a save game for mobile?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Hey,

I wonder if you help me on that.

I just made an game with 20 levels and I will uploaded soon on mobiles android, I just use basic save, like (save "mysave") and load (load "load mysave") and i added a bottom for the user for saving levels, please can any one show me the easiest way to save game (storage for mobile) and also for levels because every level i make one layout and event sheet for each level.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:04 pm

I think you could just store the level number in a local storage when you complete a level. So when the game starts, you can load the layout with that number.
Hope that helps!
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Thank you aquadijoib for your answer, can you give me an explanation on that please cause I am new on construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:21 pm

@SaRaB,
Do you want to export your game with NodeWebkit as an .exe file? Because I actually haven't got that much experience with local storage (There was webstorage before and for me that was better :) ). If you use NodeWebkit (NW.js) I have a better idea I think. Then you would have a textfile that contains the level save. Why does the normal save not work?
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:48 pm

@SaRaB,
Ok just forget about what I said :D . The normal save works just fine with multiple layouts. I created a example capx for you and added some comments. In my example you can click on a button to change between 2 levels/layouts and click on the save button to save the game. When you reload the example, your last save state will be loaded.
Here is the download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7r2WY ... sp=sharing
I hope this helps! ;)

EDIT: Tell me if the link works I'm not sure :)
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:51 am

Thank you aquadijoib, for you information, but i new this method and how to do, actually i did this on my game,
my question how to save automatically the level, and the user where does he arrived to?> so i mean with out clicking bottom there is a method for mobile save so that makes easy for the user when he play, and i do not want to tell the user click this bottom to save your game, some of them does not now these bottoms.?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:54 pm

@SaRaB,
You could just make a sprite that is invisible and when the player goes over it, On collision with... triggers and the game is saved.
B
S

Return to How do I....?