@mariogamer , you are welcome!
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi I have another question, how can I make this:
Imagine a sprite that is the car body, and another sprite is the wheel. The wheel is an animated sprite that turns 360° as animation. ( now U will ask why should I do something like this ? ...I have rendered a wheel with a slight perspective view...it makes impossible to turn it like a pefect circle).
My question is this : if I pin the wheel to the car like U did in ur capx that u sent me...how can I make the animation of the spinning wheel change it's speed according to the car speed, so that the animation of the weheel looks realistic and not too quick or too slow...also because there is a probabile decelartion, so that the speed canges always a bit ? I hope U understand my insane idea ;)

thanks a lot :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:04 pm

It's not that hard actually. You just have to link the vector X of the car to the animation speed. For the reverse rotation a little trick has to be done, Construct doesn't support inverse looping, but this is also easy to tackle.

I've made an example using the 8direction behavior, but even if you use the platform behavior, the same expressions are available, so it shouldn't be that difficult for you to transfer the logic between the two behaviors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Elios, just wanted to know if U have a capx like the one of the simple car but also with supensions ???
I install now the last version so I can try the thing with the animation that U told me....

thanks a lot :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:24 pm

@mariogamer , I'd made an example capx at this topic viewtopic.php?f=147&t=109637 , I haven't made anything else. Since I saw that you'd already posted there, I didn't thought to mention it here too.

Please have in mind that you will need to install the Light behavior (made by rexrainbow) in order to open the file.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Elios, opend the file right now...very very cool :D...I noticed that at the end at the last pixel movement of the car the wheels are not rotating...can I make it super precise ? or is that the maximum that I can reach with that metod ?
In any case...awesome... dude U r a genius :)

thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:07 pm

hi thanks, the only thing is that I prefer NOT to use plugins behaviours to avoid problems later....
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:40 pm

@mariogamer , you could avoid using the Light behavior if you build some kind of a system that does what the Light behavior do. I think that it's a series of loops that check for collisions and overlaps but it's way out of my league to build something like that, I am really glad that rexrainbow had made that. It can be used for sooo many different things...

Now, as for the last pixel movement, I think that that's related with the number of frames that your animation has. In my example there are just 12 frames that are been distributed in relation with the speed of the car. When the vector X is very low, there are no in-between frames to display the subtle movement. I think that if the animation had many more frames, the result would have been more accurate.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:49 am

Thanks a lot :) I will try with more frames ... :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?