How do I make a small filed game?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Various Bell Sounds (from small to huge) / 35 Unique Clips / 2:46 minutes of audio
  • So it seems whenever I export to apk I'm averaging between 17-20mb per game. This seems rather large for the games I'm making, Real Racing is bloody smaller in size. I am compressing my images so it's not as if all my images are taking up the file size, is there anything else I can do?

• The size overhead comes from the fact that the browser the game is running on is going right into the package as well. This is normal and expected.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The size overhead comes from the fact that the browser the game is running on is going right into the package as well. This is normal and expected.

I mean for mobiles games. I have seen people make games with less of a file size than 17mb while using Construct 2. So I know it can be done. But I just don't know HOW it can be done.

• Of course for mobile games. Crosswalk is exactly that. A browser engine wrapped into your APK to play back your html5/JS-game. That's what the whole thing is about.

The different sizes between Crosswalk and cocoonJS come from the different implementations (CocoonJS has a lot less features and overhead than a full browser engine). But you will never have like: a 1mb APK, because one way or the other: there needs to be a rendering engine packed into it.

That's the fundamental difference between APKs from a HTML5-engine like Construct2 and a natively developed Android-game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)