How do I Make a sokoban Game in Construct2

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 4:55 am

I have been looking online for hours so far i have found videos of people that have made sokoban in this engine and two posts which link
to a cap file that is broken why is there no tutorials on this and if there is where can i find them I am not looking for code or anything just a direction to find out how to make this type of game in this engine please help me someone i would be ok with a written tutorial heck id prefair that so far only one i found was with tilemaps which i had no clue what was going on as no code was explained just told to down load the file and look at which had no comments .
B

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 9:01 pm

What's a Sobakan game?
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 16, 2017 7:45 am

Phoenixbowman wrote:What's a Sobakan game?

Let me Google that for you.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Here's your answer: https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with-source/sokobanboxman-puzzle-game-3801

People are trying to make money out of their invention "how to use Construct 2 to make a sokoban clone"

I've been doing the same thing you've done, but I prefer to figure it out myself.

So far it appears that sokoban is so simple that Construct 2 is too powerful for it. :D

None of the OOTB plugins (Physics, Platformer, Solid, etc.) are useful in making a Sokoban clone. At least I couldn't do it properly with them. So all you have to think of is your size of the "grid" and how much your player sprite should move on X and Y when you push the respective button.

I hope that gives you some insight.

P.S.: I recommend you try RPGMaker as I was able to make a sokoban clone there in less than a week.
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:54 am

Sokoban mechanics is really simple, all you need is a TileMap and a couple of sprites for the player and crates. Plus maybe some movement behavior like MoveTo.

Programming the logic can be a bit tricky for an inexperienced developer, but it's also not too difficult.
Left key pressed -> check tile to the left of the player -> if it's free, move the player there.
If there is a crate -> check tile to the left of the crate -> if it's free, move both the player and the crate.
etc.

Did I help to fix a problem in your game? You can buy me a cup of coffee :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?