How do I Make A Staircase?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:03 pm

I've been working on a mission where you climb a tower and shoot enemies. However, it seems that the "Jump-Thru" Behavior does not work with stairs

GTPD Problems.png

You just move through the platform, instead of going up it. Any Ideas to let you climb the stairs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 pm

I guess it depends how nice you want it to look... you could just have a solid platform, invissible and at an agle and a sprite of stairs (not doing anything) covering that platform. Then have your player have a stairs walking animation trigger when he is on the angled platform.
B

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:47 pm

LexusTG wrote:I guess it depends how nice you want it to look... you could just have a solid platform, invissible and at an agle and a sprite of stairs (not doing anything) covering that platform. Then have your player have a stairs walking animation trigger when he is on the angled platform.

I'll Try that. Thanks
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Hmm... Still not working. The person is still going through the stairs. Is there anything else I can try?
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Znedd1 wrote:Hmm... Still not working. The person is still going through the stairs. Is there anything else I can try?

I've managed to do it one way. It's kind of buggy, but it works, at least.
Snap of C2.PNG

It sets a Diagonal Line solid, and then disables it if you are in a certain place. It doesn't work too well, and glitches out when you jump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Return to How do I....?