How do I make a Super Mario "Map selector"?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:37 pm

I was browsing around and saw this project someone posted:
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... -bros-6115

Sadly there was no tutorial there / download for the capx file so we can look and see how everything works, I wonder if anyone would like to guide me on a 'map selector' like this so I could learn even more in Construct 2?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

What specifically do you need assistance with? On the map he's probably moving to a point and then loading a layout, seems fairly simple.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:04 pm

plinkie wrote:What specifically do you need assistance with? On the map he's probably moving to a point and then loading a layout, seems fairly simple.

Sadly that does not look simple to me, im still learning this software and I think I get the first point

"Player hits 'Keyboard D' -> Move to object "First point"

If this is even remotely close?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:17 pm

There are several ways it could've been done. It could be press D, simulate D until you hit the first point yes. They could be set out like checkpoints and player stops moving on hitting each one. It could be custom movement, or 8-direction. The player on that screen might not even be player behaviour, could just be a sprite and its using the moveto plugin or just moving across X until it hits a level checkpoint.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?