How do I make a tank?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Nifl wrote:Its the Tenth event. It continuously sets the position and angle to the tank, as long as the Tankturet is on top of the object. I guess it tecnically should wotk to do that- But youll only need to set the pin once, for example at the start of the layout.

That is: If you change the tenth condition to "At the start of layout" (from system conditions) it will work

Yep! I changed it to "at the start of layout" and it worked! Thanks!

EDIT: So now there's a problem with the shells. Apparently, whenever I move forward the imagepoint that I set seems to move forward with it and then the shells just appear farther and farther away. Anyways that I can fix this?
B

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:16 pm

@Mord see if this tank example works

what do you mean by shells? tank dont leave behind Shells. they shoot big bullets sometimes rockets. but they never leave behind bullet shells.

unless they use some sort of minigun.
Last edited by gamecorpstudio on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Message: Mord can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 2 URLS modified. Why?
I meant the bullets :P

Here's a link to the new and updated one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6O9w ... ll4c3ZEdG8

EDIT: also, yeah they do use shells... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_(projectile)
B

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:49 pm

@Mord

updated capx i added 2 mini-guns left click shoots big gun right click pressed shoots the mini-guns. :) added a small delay for big cannon. :D happy Mayham

when i said shells, i meant empty shells(the ones that are left over from a handgun after you shoot someone and the coroner comes to your house cause they found a bullet shell that you purchased from store ....lol ... to much info), not the filled rocket type of shells. however that part is covered in my capx, the bullets spawn and move on cannon or turret position to their own angle. so im guessing it should fix your issues with shells also.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Message: Mord can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
gamecorpstudio wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0lqVR-ryWBQSDF2MHFycVBnY1E updated capx i added 2 mini-guns left click shoots big gun right click pressed shoots the mini-guns. :) added a small delay for big cannon. :D happy Mayham

Thanks a lot! The thing is, I only have the free version of it at the moment, as i'm still a student and learning how to use the program. So i'm not sure that I can use all the events that you used.

gamecorpstudio wrote:when i said shells, i meant empty shells(the ones that are left over from a handgun after you shoot someone and the coroner comes to your house cause they found a bullet shell that you purchased from store ....lol ... to much info), not the filled rocket type of shells. however that part is covered in my capx, the bullets spawn and move on cannon or turret position to their own angle. so im guessing it should fix your issues with shells also.

Yeah, I hear ya :P
B

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:08 pm

well it shouldn't matter, here is latest version with some muzzle flashes :Pand i commented each code line so you understand what they do, also pay attention to flash animation and tank animation.

i bet your teacher wont mind if you use extra stuff and make it more flashy :) its better i guess cause it proves to him that you understand how C2 works, as long as you understand what is in capx and can explain it. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate all the help that you've given me! I'll be sure to let you know what he thinks of it!
B

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 pm

@gamecorpstudio I like the way you handle the audio. it seems you can adjust the pitch/playback rate for the engine sound on slow to normal with only the movment of the tank. it seems that it needs buffering on this because you make it scan it on Every tick?!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:11 am

totoe wrote:@gamecorpstudio I like the way you handle the audio. it seems you can adjust the pitch/playback rate for the engine sound on slow to normal with only the movement of the tank. it seems that it needs buffering on this because you make it scan it on Every tick?!

yea you could add a every 0.1 if you want i just quickly wrapped things up.

not sure what you mean by buffering?

capx updated
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:01 am

@gamecorpstudio yes your last example handle it better. is it possible to add the acceleration on the middle mouse button, so you can handle the whole shooting and driving with the mouse.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?