How do I make a treadmill?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Both the treadmill and the object over it have the physics behaviour (and they do need it), so what's is the best way to make a treadmill effect? While the object is on top of it, it moves to a certain horizontal direction, I couldn't manage getting a good result, tried with apply force, impulse, setting velocity.
By the way is it possible to get acess to an end contact callback? pretty sure box2d has it.
Please tag me with @caiorosisca if your post is refering to me :). I don't always follow the topics I answer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Maybe on touch with that object apply force at 180. If the object should move the other direction: If player presses a button apply force on 0.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 pm

August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks guys.
@RamPackWobble, Overlap at offset is great for this, didn't know how it worked.
Please tag me with @caiorosisca if your post is refering to me :). I don't always follow the topics I answer.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?