How do I make a working options menu?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:18 pm

A new problem for the same game. I have another problem yet unsolved, so if you want to help me solve it, check out my other post. For this problem, I want to know how you can get a working sound bar onto your options menu without being able to change it when the menu is hidden. I can't seem to spawn in the sound bar. Help!
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:40 pm

So which bits of this have you made? The sound bar? The options menu? Do you need help with all of this?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:53 pm

I made the options menu and the sound bar. I just have a problem with spawning it in without having to set it invisible, as every time I try to spawn it in when the options menu is open, it doesn't show.
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:07 pm

You can avoid all of that hassle by putting your options menu onto one layer and enabling/disabling the visibility of the layer when the open menu button is clicked. I think that's a better option than spawning in elements of the options menu at random times and not knowing what is really going on with the visibility of objects. Then a way of ensuring the player can't touch any of the options when it's closed, add conditions to all of your options assets i.e. sound bar touched > adjust sound, add a condition here so you can only do that if options.layer is visible.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Okay thanks! I was still really having trouble until I read this. This seems like it will work.
B
S

Return to How do I....?