How do I make all objects on a single layer solid?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:30 pm

[QUOTE=LittleStain] Why wouldn't it be this simple?

And thanks for doubting my ability and experience.. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that inconsiderate comment. I can see that you're very experienced and I'm not. You may very well be correct, but when I tried to implement your suggestion it didn't work. Probably I'm just doing it wrong. I need to find a way to group the objects I think before it'll work.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Also, what is meant by "family"
and yes, I do have multiple instances of the same object on every layer, so that's where the trouble comes.

Another way might be to create a separate object for each layer and reuse the same sprite and properties, but would that slow my game down? Or would it not have a noticeable effect? Because that seems like the easiest way...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Fanily is a way to group objects, but only objects of the same type.
You can make a family of sprites and/or a family of tiled-backgrounds, but they can't be part of the same family.

You can read about it here:
Manual entry on families

I'm sure my way would work, with or without families, but families could cut the amount of events down.

Also you could use Lennaert's way of picking all instances of an object set them to solid disabled, reducing it by adding the condition object is on layer, setting them to solid enabled.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Cool, thank you! I think I just don't quite understand the way you suggested earlier. What about "my way"? Would that work/be feasible in terms of memory?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?