How do I make an A button appear on a scrolling game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:58 am

Making a platformer, the main character has scroll to behavior. I'm trying to make it so when he walks up next to a sign, it shows an A button at the bottom right corner to indicate that you should press the a button to read the sign. Problem is that because he scrolls, I don't know how to make the A button appear to the bottom right no matter where the scroll is. Plz help. :oops:
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:41 am

I think u can do it in a couple of ways. One would be to place that button in a separate layer, set original visibilty to invisible, and set that layer to parallax 0,0, that way it wont move from the position u put it overall, and just call it visible when you desire. Also make sure you make some code to make it only usable when is visible
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:11 am

ah, I never though of that xD thanks so much
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:33 pm

no problem :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?