How do I make an Admob ad visible/show up? [SOLVED!]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • Hello all, I have a slight problem... I'm having a little trouble trying to setup AdMob. When I try to preview/test my game to see if the ads show up, nothing shows up at all. Here's the steps I've done so far (do I have to make another object (if so, how?), am I missing something):

1. I've signed up and signed into the AdMob website.

2. I added Admob to my project

3. Then, I added my Ad unit ID/Banner ID into the AdMob properties.

4. I added a piece of code that says, "On start of layout" --> "Show banner ad Center...."

Also, will the AdMob ads show up in Run Layout/preview, or will they only show up after you export and build it?

Thanks,

guannstar

• Bump...

• You can't preview banners because they only work on mobile.

Try to compile your game via Intel XDK and give it a test on an android device

*REMEMBER to activate "Admob" plugin in the Cordova Plugins section of Intel XDK

• Alright, thanks

• Hello all, I'm using Interstitial like JLH1964 said in the "How do I utilize Admob in my games? Any EASY way?" post, but the Ads are still not showing up;( I don't know what else to do at this point.

1. I've signed up and signed into the AdMob website, and set up an Ad unit ID.

2. I then added Admob to my project.

3. Then, I added my Ad unit ID/Banner ID into the AdMob object properties.

4. Then, I added code to "Show Interstitial", with global variable/counter...

5. Then I exported from Construct2 with Cordova for Android.

6. Then, I opened Intel XDK, and started a new project.

7. Then I filled in everything in, like I'm supposed to do (i.e. the build settings, and icons, etc..... in the Crosswalk section)

8. Then, I finally added the extra Admob plugin using, "Get plugin from the Web"...

I've read all the tutorial, and as far as I know, I did every I was supposed to do, but it's still not showing;( Please, can someone help me out (I've been going crazy trying to figure this out all week)?

• You have 'Test Mode' equal to TRUE. Set to FALSE for actual ads to show. Also, actual ads wont show in XDK but only on a device.

Good luck

• If you set test mode to false, google is going to ban your account for self visualizing ads

• At this point the only possible problem is the code.

Try to do a simple "on start of layout show interstitial"

• At this point the only possible problem is the code.

Try to do a simple "on start of layout show interstitial"

Id recommend you don't. Google bans apps (and accounts) that show an ad instantly on launch. You can 'pre load' but not launch. The user has to interact in some manner before a 'legal' ad display.

Im also assuming the author is ready to list the app (its completed)? If not, then yes, use test ads.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey JLH1964, I just tried it with "Test Mode" = False, and on a device (my Android v4.0.4 / GT=S7560M), and it still won't show up;( Will it simply not shows up on older devices like mine?

• JLH1964, I remember you saying something about a "www" folder in another post. What were you referring to? Could that be what I did wrong? Or, in the Intel XDK, did I enter in the wrong plugin link?

• Hey JLH1964, I just tried it with "Test Mode" = False, and on a device (my Android v4.0.4 / GT=S7560M), and it still won't show up;( Will it simply not shows up on older devices like mine?

Are you sure your ad trigger is working? I'd probably temporarily play a sound when 'counter >= 7', just to be sure your logic is working. If you hear the sound, then you know its your Admob setup that's an issue - not your C2 logic.

In admob, you did choose 'interstitial' when creating an ad ID # - correct?

Also, in XDK, you did insert the admob plugin?

• JLH1964, I'm trying the sound test now, but yes, I did choose 'Interstitial' when creating an Ad ID? Also, what do you mean by, "in XDK, you did insert the admob plugin?" I showed you how I inserted the Admob plugin in pic on the first page. To insert it, all I did was go to third-party plugins, then I clicked on "Get plugin from the Web"/Add a Cordova Plugin from the Web , then I "inserted" the Admob plugin by simply pasting "com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob" into the 'Plugin ID' space. Is that the correct way to insert the plugin?

• It was meant to just try if the easiest condition worked

• JLH1964, I'm trying the sound test now, but yes, I did choose 'Interstitial' when creating an Ad ID? Also, what do you mean by, "in XDK, you did insert the admob plugin?" I showed you how I inserted the Admob plugin in pic on the first page. To insert it, all I did was go to third-party plugins, then I clicked on "Get plugin from the Web"/Add a Cordova Plugin from the Web , then I "inserted" the Admob plugin by simply pasting "com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob" into the 'Plugin ID' space. Is that the correct way to insert the plugin?

In XDK, enter the following information to import the needed admob plugin (in C2 after build 182).

(1) Name: admob

(2) Plugin ID: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob

(3) Repo URL: github.com/cranberrygame/com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)