How do I make an Admob ad visible/show up? [SOLVED!]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:16 pm

@JLH1964, I remember you saying something about a "www" folder in another post. What were you referring to? Could that be what I did wrong? Or, in the Intel XDK, did I enter in the wrong plugin link?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm

guannstar wrote:Hey @JLH1964, I just tried it with "Test Mode" = False, and on a device (my Android v4.0.4 / GT=S7560M), and it still won't show up;( Will it simply not shows up on older devices like mine?

Are you sure your ad trigger is working? I'd probably temporarily play a sound when 'counter >= 7', just to be sure your logic is working. If you hear the sound, then you know its your Admob setup that's an issue - not your C2 logic.

In admob, you did choose 'interstitial' when creating an ad ID # - correct?
Also, in XDK, you did insert the admob plugin?
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:46 pm

@JLH1964, I'm trying the sound test now, but yes, I did choose 'Interstitial' when creating an Ad ID? Also, what do you mean by, "in XDK, you did insert the admob plugin?" I showed you how I inserted the Admob plugin in pic on the first page. To insert it, all I did was go to third-party plugins, then I clicked on "Get plugin from the Web"/Add a Cordova Plugin from the Web , then I "inserted" the Admob plugin by simply pasting "com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob" into the 'Plugin ID' space. Is that the correct way to insert the plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 pm

It was meant to just try if the easiest condition worked
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 pm

guannstar wrote:@JLH1964, I'm trying the sound test now, but yes, I did choose 'Interstitial' when creating an Ad ID? Also, what do you mean by, "in XDK, you did insert the admob plugin?" I showed you how I inserted the Admob plugin in pic on the first page. To insert it, all I did was go to third-party plugins, then I clicked on "Get plugin from the Web"/Add a Cordova Plugin from the Web , then I "inserted" the Admob plugin by simply pasting "com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob" into the 'Plugin ID' space. Is that the correct way to insert the plugin?

In XDK, enter the following information to import the needed admob plugin (in C2 after build 182).

(1) Name: admob
(2) Plugin ID: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob
(3) Repo URL: https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 pm

@JLH1964, okay thanks for the tip, my game's still exporting from C2 right now, so when it's done and I open Intel XDK, I'll do that (correct plugin steps). I'll get back to you in like 15 mins (after I do this sound test). I really hope it works this time lol...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Hey @JLH1964, I just tested it, and yea, I can hear the sound when the "counter" reaches 7 taps, but still, the ad is not showing up;( So, does that mean that there's still something wrong with my Admob setup? What could it be (I don't get it)? I even entered in the admob plugin information correctly this time, like you said... like so:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Weird - that's exactly what I have. :(
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey @JLH1964... I know, I got the code from your other post (regarding this issue). The code appears to work, but admob's still not showing up. How did I do some wrong with my Admob setup? Any suggestions? I followed the correct instructions. Is there some extra object I'm supposed to create in C2 (that the ad is actually shown in) or something? OMG, I'm losing it (AHHHHHHHH!), I feel like I'm totally lost now:( This shouldn't be sooo hard to set up. I'm just missing one thing, but I don't know what that one thing is....
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:44 pm

If I were you, Id create a very basic 'Test App' and see if you can get Ads to show in that. Perhaps an app with one button and when you click it, show an interstitial. First, create a new Admob ID etc to use in the test app.

Something is whacked out someplace.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?