How do I make an Admob ad visible/show up? [SOLVED!]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello,

I doubt your directory issue would be a problem. Could it be the 'tap' and 'double-tap' area as you both Preload and Show Interstitial on seemingly the same action - a user tap of the same sprite. Perhaps the 'double tap' cancels the Show and instead attempts two Preloads.

Did you use that procedure on your 'test' app where the ads worked?
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:37 pm

A tip to see if your app is even requesting (requesting but not showing) ads is to go to your Admob account and see if ads were requested by the Ap Id. They usually take an hour or so to display. Looks something like this, under Impressions:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Hey @JLH1964, here's what my requesting page shows, does it look like everything's working fine?

B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:13 pm

So, when I 'double-tap', it should show up in the 'Impressions' section (it's at 13 right now, but when I press 'double-tap' again in my game, the 'Impressions' section should show 14, or should there be a change in only the 'Requests' section)? What's the difference between 'Impressions' and 'Requests' (what exactly triggers them both)?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Are those numbers the latest figures? In Admob, switch to 'Today' view and it will show you ad activity in the last hour or so. It takes about an hour to show the figures for a session. Your screenshot is for up to the 25th. 'Todays' figues don't show unless you select 'Today' in the drop-down list.

The only thing I can think of is that you are requesting ads but just as they are about to show, you request another add (invoke Preload) and perhaps that cancels out the 'show'. Can you test by placing the 'Show Interstitial' in another button? Or better still take out 'Preload'. All Preload does is 'loads' an ad so that when the user clicks on the 'ad-trigger', the ad shows immediately. Without using 'Preload' the 'app trigger' requests and shows an ad on a 'by request' basis. This means that the ad takes a second or two longer to show but I have many apps not using Preload and they work fine.

HTH.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Hey @JLH1964, I tested it again today and this is what happened ("Requests" shows 1, "Impressions" shows 0, and "Clicks" shows 0 as well). I deleted the "Preload Interstitial" command like you said, but the ad still has not shown up;( What does this mean?

B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi @guannstar

Have you accidentally used a banner ID as the interstitial ID or vice versa?

Check the ad ID in C2 for leading or trailing spaces - I've had a banner not show because of an extra space in the ID!

You should still see test ads even on android v4.0.4. For some reason however, I always see the interstitial test ad, but not the always banner test ad. When it goes live, they both show OK.

I only preload once at the start of the game layout, and just use show/hide during the game. Works fine.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:50 am

Then it has to be your code. An ad was requested but apparently never displayed.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:55 am

Was this issue ever solved? I believe I am having the same problem without any way to solve it?
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:21 pm

Hey I was having a similar problem! What dimensions are the layouts in your project?? If you are using a window size that is not compatible with the ad banners, they will not show up. When I was dealing with this problem I alsochanged the name of the 3rd Party Plugin I was having to "Admob Ads". I dont kow if that is important but better to follow Scirra instructions to the dot. I found when I ran a window size(not layout size but window size) of 680, 360 i didn't get any ads AT ALL. It is important to note that I have used the plugin seamlessly before this app I was working on. Anyway after some testing I guessed that maybe the resolution is not supported or the plugin just simply doesn't like other resolutions, even though my app was scaling. So I changed my window size to 1280, 720 or vice versa and the ads worked again =)!!! Check out my Tutorial !!! It will help you get every single step!!

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1386/u ... -crosswalk
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?