How do I make an autorunner with levels like Punch Quest?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
It's a very interesting and hard quest. It so hard that there is not way to win!
  • Hey all, I' m trying to create an autorunner similar to Punch Quest, Robot unicorn Attack and Jetpack Joyride. I specifically want to make an autorunner that includes slopes, ramps, inclines, drops, platforms, obstacles, etc like Punch Quest. Here's a video of Punch Quest.

youtube.com/watch?v=ee8e84r8y5s

I began this game using most of the code from the autorunner game example. I was using a transparent square sprite stretched out as the grass floor and that was working. Now I'm working on a tile map and I'm not sure how to create a level that spawns, tiles and connects all these different pieces of tiled art correctly. It'd be easy to paint everything if this was a platformer with a start and end point like Super Mario but presumably autorunners randomly generate their levels right? How can I make a game like Punch Quest? Here's a look at my artwork.

What I'm simple trying to do right now is make the game spawn the flat grass floor platform. I've turned the grass floor artwork into a tiled background and I'm trying to figure out the code to spawn it endlessly like the background. Then I want to add drops, ramps, upper platforms, etc. I'm still trying to figure out the code but I figured I'd ask for help. The second part (adding drops, ramps, etc) is what I can't wrap my head around.

One problem with using the tiled background instead of a sprite is I can't set a collision model. The player is actually suppose to run along the middle of the grass path, not on the very top of the grass. Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this?

• Try taking a look at this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1001/l ... me-with-it

Also gave me a nice boost working with tilemaps in C2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also would like a response to this

• me too

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)