How do I make an object move along another object

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi guys,

I have this problem. I want to my player object to move along a bridge object that connects two nodes objects. The problem lies in that all of them are not standing still but moving. This is how I want it to work: When the player clicks on another node, a bridge is formed between the two nodes, and the player moves on it until it reaches the new node, but all the nodes have bullet movement to them.

I have my capx below, which should give you a better idea of what I am trying to achieve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efdxscfidmon55p/FollowingObjectPathWhileMoving.capx

If you disable the lower event and activate the disabled one, you will see what I am trying to achieve, except this one the player jumps directly to the node.

I would really appreciate any help on this. Have been stuck for a while now. Thank you.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Try this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:10 am

@blackhornet, Thank you so much!! Yup that is what I am after! Haha it looks like my grasp of the syntax is still poor, I didn't know I could do it this way. Again, thank you so much, I really appreciate it!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?