How do I make an object rotate without displaying it?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 am

I have been working on this game for a while, and have been stumped on this one problem! :x

Basically I have these turrets that shoot at the player. I set there setting for rotation to "no." But I want them to chase after the player if they get within a certain distance of the turret (i.e. 200 pixels). So I do:

Code: Select all
system>every tick>
    turret>set angle towards position>player.X, player.Y
    turret>move forward

Now, these turrets are supposed to look like drones, so them rotating towards the player makes them go sideways and upside down, which just looks weird. If I remove the set angle bit, they just move in one direction. (obviously) I want them to still follow the player, rotating towards his position, without actually VISIBLY rotating.

I can send a .capx if needed.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:19 am

@timmyiscool8

It may (Line of sight) will work better for you situation, will help you avoid the (every thick)
I forgot to destroy the bullets when are outside of layout I leave up to you, I hope it helps

Capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnvdk4rbqvi1zlc/Drones%20Follow%20%26%20Shoot.capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 am

Message: timmyiscool8 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
tarek2 wrote:@timmyiscool8

It may (Line of sight) will work better for you situation, will help you avoid the (every thick)
I forgot to destroy the bullets when are outside of layout I leave up to you, I hope it helps

Capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnvdk4rbqvi1zlc/Drones%20Follow%20%26%20Shoot.capx?dl=0

Thanks so much! :D I am surprised I did not think of that... I have only been using Construct 2 for what, 3 years now... :D thanks again anyway!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 pm

@timmyiscool8

Yw mate Glad to help
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?