How do I make an object solid to some,but passable by others

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I have a game where the player can move around with the arrow keys and shoot bullets with the mouse button.

I want to create a special kind of wall that the player cannot walk through, but the bullet can.

Any tips?

• The bullets will go through any solid object if you just set the "Bounce off solids option to No".

• Unfortunately I am using bouncing bullets and would still like them to bounce off normal walls!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you want to go a a roundabout way of doing this, you can double up on the Physics and the Solid behavior; shoot-through walls will just have physics + immovable + no rotate, but regular walls will have that and Solid together. You won't be able to just use 8-direction for your player, though; to get it to react properly to physics objects, it will need to move by its physics behaviors.

• Here's an example I put together. The controls aren't a perfect match for 8-directional, but with a little tweaking you might get movement like what you want.

• Of course, the simpler solution is this: Make both types of walls Solid, disable "bounce off of solid objects" on the bullet, and add a condition:

Bullet -> On Collision with SolidWall | Bullet -> Bounce Bullet off SolidWall.

• try this demo change it around and see

• Of course, the simpler solution is this: Make both types of walls Solid, disable "bounce off of solid objects" on the bullet, and add a condition:

Bullet -> On Collision with SolidWall | Bullet -> Bounce Bullet off SolidWall.

Hi just wanted to let you know I ultimately ended up doing this and it works great, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)