How do I make Android games using Intel XDK or altenative?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I've already made my game for android by exporting to Ludei, but they add their own splash screen, and their servers are pretty slow.

How do I export my project to an apk using Intel XDK?

It may seem like it's easy to answer but it's not. I watched many tutorials, but they all use really old version of the XDK rendering my XDK version (v1995) useless.

Video of guy uploading his game to XDK (v1621): removed because low points blah blah

The closest I came to ever putting my project to the XDK was on a certain video of a guy choosing what engine his game is running, and he just wrote "c2", but I don't have that. I have a drop down menu for things like Phaser, Coco2d, Pixi, Easel JS, Basic Canvas Game.

Also that guy in the tutorial didn't have an option called Use Cordova Plugins, so I don't know if I check that or not.

• I'm using XDK 1995

The emulate works fine, i've never exported a game yet.

The steps:

1- click on Start a new project

2- click on import your html5 code base

3- select your file location

4- click continue

5- enter you game name

6- use cordova plugins - yes

7- game project - yes

8- click continue

9- test emulate

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So the game engine is set to "Basic Canvas Game" by default ?

Also how long does it take for a basic game to compile?

...It's been 10 minutes, is it usually this long?

20 now. Ehhhh

It's been an hour... "creating project: blahblah" and nothing but a loading bar.

• yes : Basic Canvas Game

maybe something wrong with your project, it's only take few seconds in my project.

• intel XDK was my first option to export and it take about 5 minutes with my game (it depends of size). And If you use too many XDK Plug-ins it compile slower.

Now i export with Ludei cose if you dont have WebGl on your phone, some games (as mine) run veeeery slow.

Note: Some people have problems exporting their projects in XDK when use "minify project" when export to cordova

• This was fixed by reinstalling the XDK, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)